The parent council meetings are attended by parents and carers of St Machar pupils along with members of the school’s senior management team. Everyone is welcome to attend and your participation would be greatly appreciated.
We are currently discussing a wide range of topics including;
- the state of the building facilities,
- Aberdeen University student classroom support,
- a former pupil role-model event,
- google classroom training for parents,
- an international/multi-cultural event,
- fundraising and
- road safety.
We regularly receive a report from the head-teacher and we are consulted on curriculum matters.
The AIMS of the parent council are:
- a) to represent and engage St Machar parents and carers in the life of the school;
- b) to prioritise a safe, healthy and positive school environment for pupils and staff;
- c) to provide the leadership team with constructive input on the school curriculum;
- d) to support the school staff in any way possible;
- e) to contribute towards the continuous improvement of the school
Each Parent Council meeting is held on a Monday at 7pm in St Machar Academy. The dates are listed below.